2018 #SRCBrooks Team Application
Due Monday, November 20th, 2017 – you must be a current member as of this date to be considered
The SRC-Brooks Competitive Team is comprised of 10-15 current SRC members who exemplify a commitment to running, racing, and the local running community.
Please apply if:
- Your main focus for 2018 is on mountain, ultra, and/or trail racing
- You enjoy and can commit to giving back to the local running community by volunteering at SRC trail work parties, races, etc. (contact team manager about ideas for “etc.”)
- You like communicating about your training/racing experiences via social media
- You will make a point to train with your fellow members at SRC-related training opportunities
SRC-Brooks Competitive Team members will be awarded benefits in the form of Brooks apparel, shoes, and special events. Team members are expected to: Show brand exclusivity, particularly at races (including the SRC “brand”); volunteer at SRC races, trail work parties, etc., for a total of fifteen (15) hours per year; and regularly post to social media about training, racing, and volunteering.
Team members will be required to sign and adhere to a contract. If you don’t believe you can meet the requirements of the contract, please do not apply. Team membership will last one year. Members must reapply each year.
Applicants will be assessed based, in part, on the following criteria:
- Racing achievement (past and projected)
- Frequency and visibility of racing and general outreach in the running community
- Service to the club (past and projected)
Please submit via email your application to the SRC-Brooks Team Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “[your name] – 2018 SRC-Brooks Team Application.”
The following information must be included in the application:
SRC Membership #:
Running Resume (race finishes, times, places, etc.):
Planned Races for 2018:
In 300 words or less, share with the committee why you should be selected for the SRC-Brooks Competitive Team. We’re looking for enthusiastic individuals excited to share their love of running and SRC. We’re interested in your past accomplishments/running resume, involvement in the running community and volunteerism, as well as your future goals and planned level of commitment to the team and SRC (see the criteria above).
2018 SRC-Brooks team applicants will be notified within the week after the December board meeting (2nd Thursday of the month) whether they’ve been selected for the team.